Speedway Meeting Development
If anyone would like to help develop Speedway Meeting further, or port it to another platform (e.g. Linux, Macintosh), the Visual Basic source code can be obtained from the author. The following things still need to be done (in rough order of priority):
- Modify Team Editor to handle line-ups for individual meetings (i.e. increase the maximum number of riders per record from 8 to 40). The newly-created spare capacity in team records could also be used to store details of additional squad members. The Programme Editor will need to be modified to take advantage of these changes. Done.
- Add database facility to store progressive team and rider statistics, and produce user-defined reports. Under Development.
- Modify team database format to include average conversion factor. This will automatically convert the averages of teams riding in the same meeting, when they are from different leagues (e.g. BEL v BPL team). The Programme Editor and the Team Editor will need to be modified to take advantage of this change.
- Produce historical team databases for the British (1969-1988 and 1991-1997) and Swedish (1948-Present) leagues. Data is available, but needs to be typed-in and formatted.
- Re-write the program in C so it can be ported to other platforms more easily. Development of a Linux version is desirable.
Main Page | Features | Speedway FAQ